Rapid shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAP

On the solar edge inverter my pv conductors are controlled all the way from inverter to array, does that meet the rapid shutdown if my inverter is more then 10 feet away from array. Do I need to add any devices on froof when using solar edge inverter

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
On the solar edge inverter my pv conductors are controlled all the way from inverter to array, does that meet the rapid shutdown if my inverter is more then 10 feet away from array. Do I need to add any devices on froof when using solar edge inverter
Most people interpret the Solar Edge shutdown command from inverter to optimizers as meeting the entire rapid shutdown requirement.
The DC voltage leaving the array will be limited to 1 volt times the number of optimizers in a string. That allows it to meet the 30V maximum.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SAP

I looked this morning did not see my post I posted a few days ago I thought I must have not clicked on post on the bottom right hand corner, my old post is there after I posted this similar post. So go head and remove this post thank you

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
I looked this morning did not see my post I posted a few days ago I thought I must have not clicked on post on the bottom right hand corner, my old post is there after I posted this similar post. So go head and remove this post thank you
There is a bug in vBulletin that sometimes fails to display the second page of a thread when it rolls over to two pages. That might be what you were seeing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.