Raychem Frostex II info. requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIEngineer

Hello,

Has anyone used Raychem Frostex II heat-trace cable? Installed in probably early '80's, 120V, 3 W/ft. I am insterested in any installation instruction or connections required.

It appears to only have a single conductor through the insulation. This is being verified, it may just be cut back. The equipment was demo'd with the intention to re-use the heat-trace cable. After it was demo'd no one remembered how it was connected to begin with. It is different than the more common "Romex-looking" two conductor heat cable.

As you can probably tell I am fairly unfamiliar with this installation. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

rfwells

Hello,

Has anyone used Raychem Frostex II heat-trace cable? Installed in probably early '80's, 120V, 3 W/ft. I am insterested in any installation instruction or connections required.

It appears to only have a single conductor through the insulation. This is being verified, it may just be cut back. The equipment was demo'd with the intention to re-use the heat-trace cable. After it was demo'd no one remembered how it was connected to begin with. It is different than the more common "Romex-looking" two conductor heat cable.

As you can probably tell I am fairly unfamiliar with this installation. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Their website has a FAQ sheet that mentions Frostex II. It says you should replace it, probably becuase it won't meet code.

Status
Not open for further replies.