RCDD vs. CCNT certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfletcher

Does anyone have any experience with either of these IT certifications?
I'm looking to become certified to design IT systems and wanted to make sure I select the right certification.

dereckbc

Staff member
Honestly they are meaningless certifications when it comes right down to it. Waht IT managers want is CISCO and MS certification with minimum BSEE or Computer Science degree. The big one is a MSEE PE with CISCO and MS certification.

cadpoint

dereckbc said:
Honestly they are meaningless certifications when it comes right down to it. Waht IT managers want is CISCO and MS certification with minimum BSEE or Computer Science degree. The big one is a MSEE PE with CISCO and MS certification.
Yes it's nice to have the CISCO and MS certification, but the draw back is when the next software is released, one has to re-certify or just drop it from your resume, as to not embarrass yourself, for it is dead in the water.

Now if the company pays to keep one up to date, go for it.

Last edited:

Mr. Bill

Wow. Looks like didn't know as much as I thought. I've never heard of CCNT before and always thought that RCDD was the acceditation to show one's worth in IT system design.

I would have thought that Cisco and MS were only relevant to those specific companies' products. So a certification with one of them would lock you into using only their products.

EDIT:

Sorry Mr. Bill, I accidentaly hit the EDIT Button rater than the quote Button.

Dereck

Last edited by a moderator:

dereckbc

Staff member
Mr. Bill said:
Wow. Looks like didn't know as much as I thought. I've never heard of CCNT before and always thought that RCDD was the acceditation to show one's worth in IT system design.

I would have thought that Cisco and MS were only relevant to those specific companies' products. So a certification with one of them would lock you into using only their products.

RCDD is issued by BICSI and geared to cable infrastructure layout and design. The only requirement is you buy a book, study it, and take a test for a fee. Basically they work for and take the design of archetects, engineers, and network mangers, and lay it out on paper for being implemented. There is nothing wrong with that, but I get the impression from the OP he is looking for something more than that. So sorry if I offended anyone.

Cisco Certification is a Standard and not a product per se. CISCO sets the standard for all network transmission and all product manufactures follow the standard. Yes Cisco make the routers, switches, etc but they were first and set the network protocols all must follow.

MS is both a technolgy and a product, depends on which certification we are talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.