Reactivation of Florida License

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davebones

One of the Contractors we deal with said that if a license is inactive that if that person wants to reactivate the license that there is a limit on how many hours of continuing education they have to take . I understand it that you have to have 14 hrs of continuing education for every 2 year's it was inactive . I say there's no limit . Has anyone gone thru this lately ?

bphgravity

From Here: http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/pro/elboard/documents/elecfaqs.pdf

71. I am changing my license status to inactive. Am I required to maintain my continuing education?

No. However, when you reactivate your license, you need to show proof of completing 12 hours for each inactive year, the maximum requirement is 48hours total. Each 12 hours must include:
?
7 hours technical
?
1 hour workers? compensation
?
1 hour workplace safety
?
1 hour business practices
?
1 hours false alarm prevention ( For all certified and registered alarm contractors and certified electrical contractors who perform alarm work)
?
1-2 hours general credit
The continuing education credits required for reactivation must be completed within the 4 years preceding reactivation.

Status
Not open for further replies.