Remote meter disconnect combo

Matt Parsons

Occupation
Electrician
My question,

If the meter main combo is provided by the POCO and the the grounded conductor and grounding electrode conductor are bonded remotely at the pedestal. I have a service disconnect in the the exterior of the building which is fed with 4 wire. From the service disconnect I am feeding a Sub panel with 4 wire SER.

Can the Ufer ground be terminated at the sub panel

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Can the Ufer ground be terminated at the sub panel
Welcome to the forum.

Not only it can, but it should. The pedestal gets its own electrode system, and the building gets its own.

The only difference is the neutral-grounding bond. The neutral at the building remains un-bonded.

Matt Parsons

Occupation
Electrician
Welcome to the forum.

Not only it can, but it should. The pedestal gets its own electrode system, and the building gets its own.

The only difference is the neutral-grounding bond. The neutral at the building remains un-bonded.

So you are saying terminate the ufer in the sub panel and not the the service disconnect that is attached to the exterior of the the building. If I'm reading 250.32 (B) 1 and (D) 3 correct than I would connect my electrode conductor and EGC at the that service disconnect?

Grounded conductor and grounding conductor would still remain un bonded after the meter main combo at the pedestal.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
So you are saying terminate the ufer in the sub panel and not the the service disconnect that is attached to the exterior of the the building. If I'm reading 250.32 (B) 1 and (D) 3 correct than I would connect my electrode conductor and EGC at the that service disconnect?
I apologize. I didn't catch that you have a disconnect on the building exterior.

Yes, the building's electrodes should land in that disconnect, not the inside panel.