Removable Panel NEC 110.26

Status
Not open for further replies.

JES1967

I am trying to find out if I can have a removable wall panel to allow access to some electrical disconnects. These disconnects are not the only disconnect means in the circuit. The plan would be to meet all minimum clear distance indicated in 110.26. We have a project with limited space and I have been asked this question. Thanks for your thoughts.

mwm1752

If ready access to where the branch circuit originates is availiable, elsewhere, ahead of your disconnects which are not likely to be energized 110.26 may not have to apply --

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I am trying to find out if I can have a removable wall panel to allow access to some electrical disconnects. These disconnects are not the only disconnect means in the circuit. The plan would be to meet all minimum clear distance indicated in 110.26. We have a project with limited space and I have been asked this question. Thanks for your thoughts.

I don't see how such an arrangement violates 110.26 as long as the front of the disconnect is far enough forward to be able to meet 110.26 (A)(2) and (A)(3).

Might be easier just to locate the switches so the front of them is slightly forward of the wall and then build them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.