Residential calculation/voltage drop

Not open for further replies.


New member
I have a question concerning a 200 amp underground service I am installing. I plan on using USE cable and according to 310.15b it is good for 200 amps. In calculating the voltage drop do I use the 200 amps allowed by 310.15b or use 310-16 for USE cable at 75 degrees? My voltage drop calculator quit working on me and the numbers I am getting do not make sense


Senior Member
Re: Residential calculation/voltage drop

The value you want to use for "I" in your voltage drop calculation is the amount of current you expect to be at the load to be served. Therefore, if you expect a 200A load, than 200A for the equation, but most likely all you will need to use is the total calculted load for the service and not the service size itself. :)
Not open for further replies.