Residential Cold Sequence Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgrey

I'm tasked with putting a 100A service rated transfer switch on a service with a two gang 100A meter socket. My question is can I put that SRTS ahead of the meter socket? In this area of Massachusetts the POCo is EVERSOURCE and on an overhead service they take no ownership on anything below the connections at the top. I've seen this on big services but never residential. Is there a code reason for that or just "nobody does it"?

I'm tasked with putting a 100A service rated transfer switch on a service with a two gang 100A meter socket. My question is can I put that SRTS ahead of the meter socket? In this area of Massachusetts the POCo is EVERSOURCE and on an overhead service they take no ownership on anything below the connections at the top. I've seen this on big services but never residential. Is there a code reason for that or just "nobody does it"?

So they pay the utility for the generator usage :? That aside, although I can't speak to that utility's requirements, I doubt they would go for it.

HAHAHAHA
That's an excellent point that I never thought of!!
Dope
That ends that. LOL:ashamed1:

Installing a generator for a multi meter service is a bit of a conundrum. You either have lots of complexity and transfer switches, or you pay the utility for the generated power. Actually I contemplated doing a similar thing before, but it never transpired. Really, paying the utility for the power the generator makes is pretty minimal considering the low run time of a typical backup generator and the cost savings of putting in a zillion transfer switches. Of course your utility still has to let you do it, which I predict they wouldnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.