Residential estimating

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericmccurley

Occupation
Electrician
What are the best ways to estimate new construction residential and what is the best way to estimate a residential re-wire project? Which have you guys had the most success with???

TTT Servcies

Occupation
Master Electrician
I have been using Power Estimating by Jaffe Software since the early 90's. The software allows you to increase the Means Labor by percentage.
We normally use 50% of the labor rate for our new construction jobs and get about 80% of the jobs we estimate. Tech support is kind of difficult to deal with, but it is awesome software. It is the only software that we could find that also does T&M Billing.

ericmccurley

Occupation
Electrician
That sounds really cool. So are you saying if your labor rate is 150 you charge 75 for new construction? I am assuming this is residential. The only way I know is pricing by the sq foot. Thoughts?

TTT Servcies

Occupation
Master Electrician
No Sir. Means data has a labor rate for each item of electrical materials. You can adjust the labor percentage this way. In my opinion you should not change your labor rates when estimating, just the percentage according to job conditions.
You can go to Jaffe Software online and check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.