Residential Load Calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am doing a load calculation on a Residential home, and I am installing a Spa that is 50amp does that go on like the AC does at 100% or does it go on general Load at 40%?

Is the Sprikler Pump part of the general Load at 40% or does it go on like the AC at 100%?

Last one the Pool heater in that general load 40% or 100%?

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
If I am doing a load calculation on a Residential home, and I am installing a Spa that is 50amp does that go on like the AC does at 100% or does it go on general Load at 40%?

Is the Sprikler Pump part of the general Load at 40% or does it go on like the AC at 100%?

Last one the Pool heater in that general load 40% or 100%?

Sounds like you are using the optional method. With that said, look at 220.82. Heating and A/C is the only thing that doesn't fall under 220.82(B)

Im thinking that the the pool heater is at 100% does it fall on the 08 code (220.82 C 6) heating system?

I don't have a pool is the pool heater considerd a continuous load?

Same for the SPA do i treat it the same as the pool? is it a continuous load?

The sprinkler system would fall under (220.82 B 4) so it goes under general loads?

And yes we are using Optional Calculation.

Thanks for any help.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Im thinking that the the pool heater is at 100% does it fall on the 08 code (220.82 C 6) heating system?

I don't have a pool is the pool heater considerd a continuous load
?

The sprinkler system would fall under (220.82 B 4) so it goes under general loads?

Thanks for any help.

Your confusing me, you want to know about a pool heater and you don't have a pool?
Everything goes under the general load except heating & cooling for the dwelling. Do you understand how to use the optional method? Look at Annex D, it has some good examples.

gndrod

Pool, Spa, H20 Heaters

Pool, Spa, H20 Heaters

I don't have a pool is the pool heater considerd a continuous load?

Thanks for any help.

A single family optional uses all FIP appliances (no A/C, furnace) under Gen'l adjustment under 220.82(B)(3) and (B)(4). I believe continuous loads are factored 125% sizing for conductors and not part of optional calculations.

Status
Not open for further replies.