Residential Optional Feeder And Service Load Calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a house in South Florida that has (10) typical split HVAC units. (10) condensing units for cooling and (10) air handlers with heat strips for heating [as typical]. Using the optional method, I want to clarify that I would use the larger of the (2) loads. Cooling at 100% or typical air handler heating at 40% [since there are more than (4) units]. Is this a correct interpretation of the code? Thank you.

darren12

I have a house in South Florida that has (10) typical split HVAC units. (10) condensing units for cooling and (10) air handlers with heat strips for heating [as typical]. Using the optional method, I want to clarify that I would use the larger of the (2) loads. Cooling at 100% or typical air handler heating at 40% [since there are more than (4) units]. Is this a correct interpretation of the code? Thank you.
What article of the code did you get that air handler heating demand factor can be 40% but air conditioning must be %100?

darren12

220.82 C (5)
Yes you are correct you use the largest of the 6 options. This works for you because it is a Dwelling unit.
I just sized some services for 10 split systems for a recreation building and had to apply 100% demand factor due to it not being a dwelling unit. See (220.51)

Status
Not open for further replies.