Residential prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

satcom

You're welcome Fisherelectric.

Actually, the entertainment value derived from the following posts was well worth the effort.

In all seriousness, the dialog provided a valuable lesson. As an electrical contractor, I know the importance of submitting professional looking bid packages to my customers. I have no doubt that they judge me by the documents that I present to them. This is especially true of new customers. If they don't know me, the only thing that they have to judge me by is my bid package. They will assume that the quality of my work will match the quality of my bid package.

I honesty believe that we need to use our bid package to sell confidence.

If you can provide this level of professionalism, with no spelling errors, your potential customers will have more confidence in you than what they have in your competition. The best part is that not only do you stand a better chance of being awarded the job, you won't have to be the lowest price. It's a fact that customers will pay more money to someone that they have confidence in!

I hope this gives some food for thought.

Regards,

Good work, covering some of the issues in providing professional reports.

Thank you!

For many years we have built a customer base, built on the same methods.

Last edited:

bradleyelectric

What about the Robinsons? Did they ever fix up the Jupiter II and get back to earth?

I don't know how it all worked out for them. Did we ever get that story or did they just go away in the end?

That was some interesting stuff Bill. Thanks for posting. I enjoyed seeing your breakout.

rwade0700

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Don't bid low because the GC says so and don't think that there will be more than one house to wire if you do . I have heard this one too many times and 99 percent of the time it is B.S.

Last edited:

flashlight

Occupation
Electrician, semi-retired
Don't bid low because the GC says so and don't think that there will be more than one house to wire if you do . I have heard this one too many times and 99 percent of the time it is B.S.

Not a particularly religious guy, but AMEN !

Sparky555

Wow! Bill Ruffner!

One more reason to frequent Mike Holt's Forum. Very impressive work.

As for the spelling, fluorescent is a tough one. More important though is the fact that I'd never let a client see my bidding software. They see the contract with quantities listed, not the breakdown. For my in-house bid sheet I could care less about a spelling error.

Residential prices.

Residential prices.

:confused:I worked up an estimate based on the information provided. Assuming the basement is finished my bid would of been a little higher than yours. It is tough out there now. For a year or more it seem's that 4 or 5 electricians are all close on a bid and then one electrician comes in 25 or 30% lower and he get's the job. Very frustrating! I spend alot of time creating an accurate estimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.