Residential vaulted ceiling cans- what are you using?

sw_ross

It's been a little while since I did a vaulted ceiling with recessed lighting.
I usually used the Juno sloped 6" can.

Is there any new products that are being used that incorporate an LED style down light that doesn't use the can housing but works on sloped ceilings?
I'm talking about a 4:12 pitch ceiling.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
I think the new LED recessed-style lights and retro-fits have such wide dispersion that they're fine on a sloped ceiling.

You could always buy one and wire it on a cord and do some experiments with a ladder in your own living room.

kwired

Electron manager
It's been a little while since I did a vaulted ceiling with recessed lighting.
I usually used the Juno sloped 6" can.

Is there any new products that are being used that incorporate an LED style down light that doesn't use the can housing but works on sloped ceilings?
I'm talking about a 4:12 pitch ceiling.
I did one last summer with regular canless 6 inch LED's in the sloped ceiling, it turned out ok. Found some 4 inch adjustable LED's to use over fireplace mantle where we wanted some accent lighting. The adjustment range was somewhat limited but was able to point them straight downward in 4/12 ceiling.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
If you are just trying to get the light to go straight down then a standard can with an led eyeball trim will work on a 4/12 roof

romex jockey

I'm using can killers, cans in vaulted ceilings vs. particular roofs /roofers are a liability i no longer wish to be involved in

~RJ~