• two three phase motors one circuit one motor reverses

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincrab55

480sparky said:
The poll was still open when I posted, so it was someone before me.

And for some reason, I'm hungry for a thick burger. I wonder why? :roll:
I didn't vote either!!!!...

I slept in a Holiday Inn Express last night and I'm still trying to figure out what the poll was for.....

The Iceman

electricman2 said:
Try here:)
top_store_2.jpg

I love In n out burger. I wish florida had one. Wow Ron Leonard needs to give us more info. we're way off topic. :smile:

480sparky

peter d said:
So it is. I stand corrected. :)

But New Jersey isn't my neck of the woods. New Englanders have nothing to do with New Jersey. :D :D :D

:ducks and runs:

Anything east of the Misserrippi River is 'your neck of the woods'! :grin:

Reversig three phase

Reversig three phase

Christmas day we had a power outage that lasted for 1 hour. When the cutomer returned to work ( it is a fish house where they pack shrimp ) the shrimp grader and conveyer are wired to come on at the same time. The grader reversed direction but the conveyer stayed the same, agreed it sounds impossible. My first response was just that, I have been unable to check the situation out personaly due to an injury. They changed the configuration of the wiring and it worked right. they turned the breaker off and then the next day it ran backwards again. I don't understand it but it has nothing to do with hamburgers or pickles and I would really appreciate serious response. thank you

billsnuff

ron

please check posts 2-9, all of the requests for more information.

without out more info, the thread will again probably digress into idle chatter.

sorry, to hear about your injury, hope it isn't serious.

maybe some comfort food will help :grin: :grin: (sorry, couldn't resist)

billsnuff

having reread you last post:

it sounds as if both motor staters are on a single control circuit.

does the grader ever jam and if so does it have a reverse control, and perhaps the converyor does not. If so, one could assume (bad word, bad word) that the problem lies in the control circuit, since only the one runs backwards and therefore has a reversing contactor with a different control circuit number.

is there perhaps a jam switch, that would automattically reverse the grader?

normally, the more unusual the circumstance, the simpler the answer, i would ring out the control circuit, based on the above speculation. JMSO

dlhoule

Ron Leonard said:
Christmas day we had a power outage that lasted for 1 hour. When the cutomer returned to work ( it is a fish house where they pack shrimp ) the shrimp grader and conveyer are wired to come on at the same time. The grader reversed direction but the conveyer stayed the same, agreed it sounds impossible. My first response was just that, I have been unable to check the situation out personaly due to an injury. They changed the configuration of the wiring and it worked right. they turned the breaker off and then the next day it ran backwards again. I don't understand it but it has nothing to do with hamburgers or pickles and I would really appreciate serious response. thank you

How did they change configuration of the wiring? I know a lot of garbage disposals and some grinders automatically change directions each time they are started. Are both motors operated off of the same starter or same kind of starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.