Reviewing estimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

When your reviewing estimate with staff what is your procedure/process? What are some of the talking points regardless of the type of job? How Do you approach the review? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
When your reviewing estimate with staff what is your procedure/process? What are some of the talking points regardless of the type of job? How Do you approach the review? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

why would you review an estimate with your staff? is this pre-sale or post sale?

follybeacher

Occupation
Estimator
Review of an estimate should be mandatory with your Chief Estimator, regardless of your competency level. Here is an abbreviated list of items you should review systematically prior it leaving your office:
specs, plans, proposal, extension, labor (direct, incidental and indirect), labor factors and escalation, subs, gen expenses, equip, quoted material, and then other final items such as risk and price
I should add: make a template to keep every facet of your process clear and enhance them from past feedback as time goes on. Do a plus/delta at the end of every meeting and incorporate next go round. Are you heading up the estimating department? Your Chief Estimator should already have this structured for you...

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
Do you have enough money in this to do the job? Are we going to leave money on the table? Where are the Chik-Fil-A biscuits?

Status
Not open for further replies.