Rhode Island Electricians test

Status
Not open for further replies.

boiler

I am preparing to take the Rhode Island Journeyman Test. This will be the first test I have taken that is closed book.

Has anyone taken this recently that can give me some pointers on the best materials/topics to study.

peter d

It's a closed book test. I seem to remember at least 1/3 to 1/2 of it being Ohm's law calculations. The rest is code related questions. There's not a whole lot you can do to prepare for it since it's closed book, since memorizing the code book is out of the question. ;)

I have heard of people taking it multiple times and not passing it. I passed both the Journeyman and Contractor test the first time through. I didn't find either test that difficult. Then again, I am an electrical genius so that's not very surprising. :cool:

c_picard

I just recently passed the Masters' test and I recall it being essentially the same as the J-mans test,
If you've been paying attention, you'll do fine. Stay relaxed, take your time.
It is hard to study for this one, you sort of had to "study" for the last four/five years.(or 10,in my case)
Pay attention to things that have recently changed in the code, it seems they like to
make sure you're up to date. Also don't get stressed if a question doesn't make sense,
you're right it doesn't....Test writers aren't always English majors.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.