Rhode Island Journeyman Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentbodhi

I am going to be taking my Journeyman's test in Rhode Island and I was wondering if anyone else has taken it? If you have what info do you have on it? It's closed book which I find strange. I have my Masters in Vermont and New Hampshire. Any info would be great.

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

silentbodhi

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know anything about Rhode Island, other than it is a long ways from me. I can't imagine what a closed book electrical license test would look like.
Me neither. I don't know of any other states that do it.

iwire

Staff member
Make sure you swing by Federal Hill and pay your respects to Vinnie, Tony and Micheal. As an out of stater that is the way to pass.

(Pure fiction, there is no corruption in RI :angel:)

donaldelectrician

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know anything about Rhode Island, other than it is a long ways from me. I can't imagine what a closed book electrical license test would look like.

You can only USE your Brain .

There will be no Material to chose from or use .

I like it , you know it or you do not .

Don

peter d

I have taken both exams in RI (A and B license - Contractor and Journeyman respectively) and found both tests to be quite easy. It is closed book but most of the questions are common sense and the ones that aren't are based on odd ball code sections and you won't be able to answer them anyway. You can take prep courses for the exams but I think they are a waste of time.

silentbodhi

I have taken both exams in RI (A and B license - Contractor and Journeyman respectively) and found both tests to be quite easy. It is closed book but most of the questions are common sense and the ones that aren't are based on odd ball code sections and you won't be able to answer them anyway. You can take prep courses for the exams but I think they are a waste of time.
Thanks for the info

iwire

Staff member
Two I do remember

They gave me the frequency and the number of poles of a motor and asked for the RPM

Asked me how to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit.

silentbodhi

Two I do remember

They gave me the frequency and the number of poles of a motor and asked for the RPM

Asked me how to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit.
Well I know how to figure out both of those. Thank you very much for the info. Anything helps.

tkb

I had to take the journeyman test twice.
The first one was hard and I failed miserably but the second one was easy and I finished it in 20 minutes.

I think it all depends on if RI wants more licensed electricians.
When you get there they have a special pile of tests for out of state guys.

donaldelectrician

The first one was hard and I failed miserably but the second one was easy and I finished it in 20 minutes.

As you travel , the truer that gets ...

Still an old boy regulation .

Don

benedetti

Test

Test

The test is basic knowledge. They provide an ohms law wheel in the test packet. Freshen up on theory math, concepts, and general Code knowledge. You'll be done in less than an hour.

silentbodhi

The test is basic knowledge. They provide an ohms law wheel in the test packet. Freshen up on theory math, concepts, and general Code knowledge. You'll be done in less than an hour.
Thank you. So far the best advice I've received.

That's exactly what I have heard from several people.

Status
Not open for further replies.