RI Masters Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eh40

I will be taking the Rhode Island Masters test next month, I received a test notice that suggests the reference material is 2015 National Electric Code, don't think I ever saw one of these? Also it mentions the RI Fire code for exam reference, looking online this is a 148 page document dated 2013, tried calling but hard to get thru to the correct person, or to get a call returned. Is anyone familiar with the materials for this closed books exam?

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I think there is a typo in the test notice. Rhode Island adopted the 2014 NEC, with its own amendments, effective July 1, 2014.

I will be taking the Rhode Island Masters test next month, I received a test notice that suggests the reference material is 2015 National Electric Code, don't think I ever saw one of these? Also it mentions the RI Fire code for exam reference, looking online this is a 148 page document dated 2013, tried calling but hard to get thru to the correct person, or to get a call returned. Is anyone familiar with the materials for this closed books exam?

2015 code eh? Looks like one of these test sessions where RI isnt looking for any more master electricians :lol:

peter d

I passed both tests (Journeyman and Master) on the first try. I thought the tests were pretty easy as long as you have basic knowledge of Ohm's law and the NEC. Being a closed book test, there is no way you can possibly prepare for it adequately by memorizing the whole code book. :happyno: So my philosophy going in was to see how it was and do the best I could, and if I had to retake it, I would. Thankfully it was much easier than I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.