Ridgid Comp connector into top of wet location panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand you can only use a Myers hub to bring a ridged conduit into the top of a wet location distribution panel.

Is this correct? Can I use a compression connector with a sealing locknut?

Thanks

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
A sealing lock nut and a hub have the same rating as far as water tight goes, however, I believe the instructions for the sealing locknuts require them on the outside of the enclosure and that would be a problem with a connector.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
...and that would be a problem with a connector.

That's when you use these (or their equivalent)...

However, I believe the OP question is more relavent to the compression [threadless] connector being listed as suitable for use in wet locations. I don't believe adding a sealing ring or locknut to the connection will change that fact the connector is not listed for such use.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I was always under the impression that sealing locknut's were listed for either inside or outside of the enclosure.

iwire

Staff member
I had to look it up.:smile:

CONDUIT AND FITTINGS (DWFV)

Sealing Locknuts

Sealing locknuts are intended for use with threaded rigid metal conduit and intermediate metal conduit with one sealing locknut in the outside or the inside and either an ordinary locknut or sealing locknut on the opposite side of the enclosure for wet locations or liquidtight applications. Sealing locknuts may also be used with Listed wet location or liquid-tight fittings where so marked on the fitting carton.

Status
Not open for further replies.