Ridgid Stackables

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
I've been needing new toolboxes for a couple of years but kept putting off buying them and kept making do with what I had.

I just started a new job and finally have to move on it.

I'm pretty sure I'm getting Ridgid brand stackables. I can split heavy stuff between several boxes, stack in limited space and roll to job sites from truck. Most places I'll work are paved, minimum of high stairs, etc. Easy enough to roll. Loading on trucks, I can split, lift, stack and relatch. Stacks take small floor space on trucks.

Ridgid seems the best balance between quality, price and widest selection of boxes. I've even thought of skipping the wheeled bottom unit and buying a portable hand truck for half the price; using it to move the boxes, and have a hand truck too. Then again, it might get borrowed just before I need it for the boxes. :) I'll probably bite the bullet and get the wheeled unit.

Milwaukee is good but very expensive.

DeWalt has good sizes and fair quality but interlocks are awkward to use.

Home Depot's Husky is a good price and reasonable quality but not very versatile.

Craftsman slightly better in price and has some good boxes but not all are interchangeable with each other. Some interlocks awkward, as with DeWalt.

Stanley has a set or 2 at the right price but quality appears not so good.

I've seen another brand or 2 on the web but not locally.

Thoughts? Am I on the right track with Ridgid?

DBoone

Occupation
General Contractor
I have the Ridgid stackables and really like them. No complaints really. Nothing is perfect so I’m sure I could nitpick something but overall I’m very pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.