Rigid applications/materials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Startz

Occupation
Electrican (e2)
Hey everyone! I'm a little stuck with some questions and type of materials for a job coming up. A little background I'm a liscensed electrican, came from residential to commercial and now I'm a in house industrial electrican. So I'm doing alot of new installs, using rigid exct, my question is what type of other connectors/couplings and stuff have you guys used for feeding industrial equipment such as machines? Everything has to be threaded correct or is there a different type of coupling or connectors ? Is there any other type of ta's, or couplings or any type of connectors that work? I'm doing my best to make sure it's top notch but kinda stuck with these questions.
Thank you guys Cheers!

Canton

Occupation
Electrician
Residential to Commercial to Industrial, you are moving through the trade I see.

You can use threadless connectors and couplings and it will look like hammered dog 💩.

Or….you can properly calculate and measure for take-up, shrink, gain, set-back, cut, thread and install RMC like a true craftsman.

Startz

Occupation
Electrican (e2)
After I posted this I found a catalog, I looked through and the last thing I want to do is have it look like hammered dog . Is there any tips or tricks that work for you?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Welcome to the forum.

Yes, there are many variations and alternatives to running only conduit, like flexible connections.

I suggest doing searches in this forum and on the internet for conduit installation pictures.

Also, find some conduit and fitting catalogs online, and familiarize yourself with the hardware.

kwired

Electron manager
Sometimes you can't really avoid needing a union or a compression fitting. They still don't always look right so carefully plan how you utilize them, and as far as direct purchase price they usually are more expensive but you also need to factor in labor difficulty when they are in question whether to use.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
I started as a resi, and I learned a lot from having catalogs and looking at whats available - IE rigid, EMT, Liquid Tite, etc. Chase fittings, grounding bushings, compression couplings, ericksons etc. Good catalogs to have are T&B (they have some great fittings, look at the blackjack grounding bushing). Crouse Hinds, Oz Gedney. I think today catalogs are hard to come by. Usually the wholesale house has some under the counter for the customers to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.