Roll up generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

codequestion

Banned
I have roll up generator commericial use and downstream have non fused disco. Should the generator be seoarately derived or non separately derived? Also if separately derived should the disco be grounded?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

ron

SDS has to do with the transfer scheme downstream, if there is one.

Non-fused disco is legit depending on what the fault current is calculated at its terminals. If more than 5kA, then most are over-dutied, and no good.

Disco should be bonded whether SDS or not via EGC.

codequestion

Banned
SDS has to do with the transfer scheme downstream, if there is one.

Non-fused disco is legit depending on what the fault current is calculated at its terminals. If more than 5kA, then most are over-dutied, and no good.

Disco should be bonded whether SDS or not via EGC.
I have non fused disco that is grounded via gec and separately derived ATS downstream. Roll up generator gets connected to the disco via receptacle.

How do I know roll up generator hooked up is going to be separatley derived or not?

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
I have non fused disco that is grounded via gec and separately derived ATS downstream. Roll up generator gets connected to the disco via receptacle.

How do I know roll up generator hooked up is going to be separatley derived or not?

SDS is determined by the transfer switch if it switches the neutral. Please refer to the definition of SDS in Art 100.
Once you switch the neutral the neutral to ground bond is no longer present in the system and the generator requires grounding and bonding (IE a system bonding jumper)

Status
Not open for further replies.