Romex cable below ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy D

I have 2-questions that i would like some input on. I havew talked with the inspector and he has not given me an exact answer.
1. I am running power from a pool cabanna to a garage. I have installed PVC pipe underground. My question is, can I run romex inside the pipe that is buried 3-ft. in the ground. As we all know even though the pipe is glued together, water does get in the pipe. So my question is- can romex or SER cable be installed in an underground raceway?
2.I am refeeding a house with a 400amp service. The existing panel will stay. I am installing 2-sub panels and 1-200amp panel. The sub panel in the garage will be fed off another sub panel in Pool Cabanna. The Pool Cabanna panel will be fed off a 100amp main breaker near the the meter box. The new 200amp panel will be set next to the existing panel.
WEEEEEEEEE!
Sooooo my question is, how do I ground these panels? Do I have to drive a ground rod at each panel and if so doesn't that give me too many grounds. I thought the idea was for the fault to go back to the main ground. Where is the main ground then!!

[ August 04, 2003, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: nibbles ]

david

Re: Romex cable below ground

vanwalker:

I agree with Bennie, for I to hesitate to answer this question, I only would like to add to your answer that there is much more to this question than uses permitted and uses not permitted for NM cable

Status
Not open for further replies.