Romex in a church.

markebenson

Recently visited a church in Broadway N.C. Its an old building and has romex around. Last year they had several new outlets, and lighting installed which was done with romex again. Is there any reason the new work should not be in conduit?

markebenson

The congregation is about 30 does this make a difference? There is poorly maintained exit signs and emergency lights up .

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
You have to look at a number of factors. Is the Romex exposed or concealed ? What type of construction ? What is the occupancy level ?
(Occupancy is a design factor based on area + type of seating, etc.; ; not an attendance #).
Art 334.10 and possibly, but not likely, Art 518.2 will play a role.

Joethemechanic

Occupation
Electro-Mechanical Technician. Industrial machinery
We.ve got a lot of churches here. All denominations. I can think of one spot where there are three Catholic Churches just a few blocks apart. Miners coming from all different parts of Europe, all with their own language and their own church.

retirede

We.ve got a lot of churches here. All denominations. I can think of one spot where there are three Catholic Churches just a few blocks apart. Miners coming from all different parts of Europe, all with their own language and their own church.

That’s how it was on my town. Two Catholic Churches 1 block apart. The Germans and Italians wouldn’t associate with each other.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
That’s how it was on my town. Two Catholic Churches 1 block apart. The Germans and Italians wouldn’t associate with each other.
The town I went to high school in had two Catholic churches, one for the Irish and one for the Italians.