Romex/MC labor figure

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are bidding on a 4 story hotel with the specs allowing romex in the rooms with MC homeruns. This is a first for us as we have just passed up all jobs that allowed romex in the past but now times have changed. Normally we do commercial/industrial type work and occasionally use MC in tenant spaces etc with metal studs. I have been using 4 hrs per C for MC, for the only reason as 2 of my estimating programs used that number. This hotel bid will require drilling wood studs for the romex, most of the MC will just be strapped in the corridors. Can anyone here offer any labor advice for either the romex or MC? Plastic box labor? Thanks in advance! -Jim

LLSolutions

I would say that NM should be about 75% of MC, you save all you time on the termination. It's quicker to pull but the same amount of time spent strapping MC will go to drilling studs.

So...3 per C for romex and 4 per C for MC is a practical labor figure? I have a friend that told me he figures 11 per M on 12/2 romex in houses, that figure sounds too low to me. 3 per hundred sounds too high, my gut tells me it is somewhere in between? -Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.