romex stapler

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Re: romex stapler

I have the Arrow T-75, and it's okay, but two staples are required at each stapling point to satisfy UL, unless that has changed in the last coup[le of years.

I haven't used it in over a year, though. No real reason.

jeff43222

I also have a PowerFast. It's getting pretty dusty down in my basement. I've found it too bulky for a lot of the work I do, so I have to resort to nail-on straps anyway.

[ August 22, 2005, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: jeff43222 ]

highkvoltage

Bought the powerfast lasted one job and the stable started jamming. I went back to the hammer. Now if I could just get my fingers out of the way. :mad:

straps

Bought 1 from Home Depot Elect Dept and it is awesome beyond belief a little tuff to operate but once you get used to it it is awesome will go out in the truck and get the name and number .
The arrow gun shown only works on telephone wire the 4 conductor sytle only. For that useage it is a ok

Regards
Replc stapels are 12 bucks a box 2 boxes did a 1900 sq ft single floor home major renovation job roughed it solo in 2 days

Good product

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor

Also have a Power-Fast staple gun. My first one started jamming on me at the first job; brought it back and got a new one; works fine. I found out that you have hold the gun completely flat on the wire while stapling. If you tilt the gun in any way the neoprene insulator will jam in the gun. The gun is great if you're running a water main ground wire up along a sill plate in a basement where it's difficult to hold a staple in one hand and a hammer in the other. Truly a time and labor saving device. However, using it to staple up cables in the entire house seems kind of cumbersome though, not to mention that a box of 400 staples is about $10.00

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor

Originally posted by highkvoltage:
Bought the powerfast lasted one job and the stable started jamming. I went back to the hammer. Now if I could just get my fingers out of the way. :mad:
For years I've been using pliers to hold the staple as I start driving it, and let go when the hammer reaches the staple. I grip one leg of the staple with the very tip of the pliers to avoid damaging the sheath.

Not only does this reduce the number of black fingernails, it's much easier to drive that upper staple, especially in 9' walls. Plus, it's easier to place the cable(s) right where I want them, and the staple stays upright and doesn't fly across the room.

monkey

The powerfast will also jam if you drop it on the dispensing end, as I have done twice. Then you have to carefully re shape the end with assorted tools. I finally wrapped the head with soft padding and tape to try and cushion the blow next time I drop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.