Running Service Through Drainage Ditch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic Pools

Occupation
Swimming Pool Contractor
We are planning to run service from a structure's sub to our pool equipment location on a new build.

In between the sub and the proposed pool equipment location is an overflow ditch drainage about 4' wide and maybe 1' deep. Normally, it has very little water running through but after some rain it runs a little more.

My question is running service across. I plan on damning up the water flow temporarily, excavate through.

Are there any considerations on this? Sch. PVC conduit? Deeper depth than normal?

We are planning to run service from a structure's sub to our pool equipment location on a new build.

In between the sub and the proposed pool equipment location is an overflow ditch drainage about 4' wide and maybe 1' deep. Normally, it has very little water running through but after some rain it runs a little more.

My question is running service across. I plan on damning up the water flow temporarily, excavate through.

Are there any considerations on this? Sch. PVC conduit? Deeper depth than normal?

Just make sure you have your depth at the lowest point and you are good.

kwired

Electron manager
If nearly always having water in the ditch, directional boring to cross it might be worth consideration. Even to lessen the mentioned future erosion might be worth consideration, if you don't disturb the surface chance of local erosion around your crossing should be less.

Mystic Pools

Occupation
Swimming Pool Contractor
Thanks for responses.

Encasing concept gave me an idea to use say a 6" PVC pipe as a sleeve and keep the depth 2' below of ditch depth. There may be future dredging and I figure the sleeve will at the very be an indicator of a utility. I would put caution tape in as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.