Running wire across basement wood truss construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Occupation
retired
Hello , new to the forum and first post ,so take that into account please . I am installing a mini split heat pump . I have to run 10/2 wire from panel 40 feet across the basement routed through trusses. House was built in 2000 and when I look at current wiring I see it routed on top of round heating ducts , over pex piping with no separation between the materials . I assume this is not an issue , but want to ensure I do my diligence . Thanks in advance for your reply's

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum’s rules.

This site is designed for:

Contractors
Electricians
Engineers
Inspectors
Instructors
Other electrically related individuals
This NEC Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries.

Forum rules prohibit us from assisting a person to perform or assist others to do electrical work who are not qualified. The reason is that the forum’s owner does not want a person to get an answer to the question they asked, but not get answers to the other questions they should have asked and were unaware they needed to ask. Mike Holt Enterprises and the Moderators of this Forum do not wish to place you and your family in danger, by allowing others to give you too little information to ensure that the installation is safe.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Need your occupation (retired from ?) and relationship to the electrical industry before you can post.
Forum rules do not allow us to assist DIYers. Repost with with requested information.

Status
Not open for further replies.