RV Outlet (30A) and 120VAC (20A) and Shared Neutral ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patkevin

New User
Occupation
Engineering
I have existing L1 and L2 hot wires underground in conduit with a shared neutral from an existing subpanel to location where I'd like to install a 30A RV outlet and a 20A 120v outlet. My understanding is that because of the Shared Neutral, I must use a 2-pole breaker installed in the feeding subpanel that forces both sides to trip together. I also understand that I cannot have a 20A receptacle on a 30A circuit. I am thinking that a solution is to use something like a Connecticut Electric CESMPSC41GRHR RV Power Outlet Panel which has 20 and 30-Amp receptacle and corresponding 20 and 30-Amp breakers pre-installed. I'd appreciate any advice as to whether this is a good approach or other suggestions.

53a43f279ae22a047df3f5f3d1e1.jpg

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I am closing this thread in accordance with forum rules. If you are not an electrician, we are not permitted to assist you in performing your own electrical installation or maintenance work.

If installing stuff is not your occupation, then we can’t help you install stuff. You would have had to agree with that rule during the process of registering on the forum.

The reason is that the forum’s owner does not want a person to get an answer to the question they asked, but not get answers to the dozens of other questions they should have asked and were unaware they needed to ask. Mike doesn’t want anyone to get injured by any incidents related to electrical installations. But he also doesn’t want to be sued by the injured party’s relatives on the basis of him not telling you enough to keep you safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.