RV Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim123

RV Park Service wire runs down the pole into meter then into 100 amp panel . Then It use to run under ground to a small trailer with an addition built on it with a 50 amp feed right to the panel inside the camper. Now that camper is gone and the owner now wants to place another six space panel about 20 to 25 feet away from main panel to service a newer camper.To me this wood be a considered a sub with 4 wire and new ground rod but do I need a main breaker in this panel because of the short distance ,it is with insight Thanks

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I am not sure I understand the description. But if you are saying the utility service conductors terminate in a 100 amp panel, and if there is a breaker in that panel that will serve the "newer camper" location, then the rule that comes into play is 225.31. You have a separate structure, and it needs a disconnecting means. That could be a main breaker on its own panel, and it could be not more than six breakers within the panel (as Derek has already mentioned). It need not be a breaker, however. It could be a non-fused disconnect switch upstream of the panel. You might also be able to take credit for the breaker within the 100 amp panel. See the exception to 225.32.

Status
Not open for further replies.