S-Box Pop-Up Counter Receptacle Experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Doug Mockett & Co markets several UL listed hardwired kitchen receptacles. We have used them on a number of projects. In the past when I looked up their UL numbers it came back as Hubbell so assume Hubbell is manufacturing.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Doug Mockett & Co markets several UL listed hardwired kitchen receptacles. We have used them on a number of projects. In the past when I looked up their UL numbers it came back as Hubbell so assume Hubbell is manufacturing.
Only listed as a GFCI receptacle and not listed as a countertop assembly as required by 406.5(E). None of the model numbers shown in the UL Data Base for the UL file number shown on the website match the model number in the link. Also the UL File number shown with that product is for a company called "POWER LOGIC S A (PTY) LTD".

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Only listed as a GFCI receptacle and not listed as a countertop assembly as required by 406.5(E). None of the model numbers shown in the UL Data Base for the UL file number shown on the website match the model number in the link. Also the UL File number shown with that product is for a company called "POWER LOGIC S A (PTY) LTD".
This is the model we have used. It is 100% identical to the Hubbell. The UL number comes back as Hubbell.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
This is the model we have used. It is 100% identical to the Hubbell. The UL number comes back as Hubbell.
The UL number on the link you posted came back as belonging to POWER LOGIC S A (PTY) LTD, not Hubbell. I was not aware that Hubbell makes anything for others, if they do fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.