s.o. cord

Status
Not open for further replies.

normbac

Anybody have a website where I can find a 20A single gang receptacle j box that would be sufficient to hang from a 20 ft. ceiling on s o cord preferably industrial grade dry location going to use a strain relief grip on each end and would like a profesional look on the receptacle end.
or any better ideas would be appreciated TIA

normbac

Those look good but why not just use a cord body?

Are you refering to a twist lock type?

It has to be a duplex receptacle

Huevos

normbac said:
Those look good but why not just use a cord body?

Are you refering to a twist lock type?

It has to be a duplex receptacle

Twist lock, straight blade. Didn't know it had to be a duplex. Just not used to seeing boxes hanging on cords.

mdshunk

SO cord probably isn't the best material to use for a cord drop. I'd advise 'bus drop cord'. I generally just use a cast FSE body on the end, with a Kellems type cord connector in the hub.

enosez

mdshunk said:
SO cord probably isn't the best material to use for a cord drop. I'd advise 'bus drop cord'. I generally just use a cast FSE body on the end, with a Kellems type cord connector in the hub.

Hey Mark,

Weve been using SO cord since I've been here for drops, can you explain why it isnt the best material to use.

mdshunk

enosez said:
Weve been using SO cord since I've been here for drops, can you explain why it isnt the best material to use.
I could, but it will stick with you longer if you see for yourself in 10 years.

76nemo

mdshunk said:
I could, but it will stick with you longer if you see for yourself in 10 years.

C'mon Marc, I used SO as drops in several industrial sites. Please explain that further. What do you have to say exactly?

mdshunk

76nemo said:
C'mon Marc, I used SO as drops in several industrial sites. Please explain that further. What do you have to say exactly?
In my observation, SO cord self-destructs in time. If you don't want to use bus drop cord, at least use something with a "T" in it, like SJT.

Status
Not open for further replies.