Saturation test for a Current Transformer

Occupation
Project Engineer
I am reviewing a commissioning report from one of our sub contractors for a Solar Canopy project . There is a contract requirement to perform Saturation tests for all the Current and Voltage Transformers used. So, my question is - the design proposes usage of 1200:5 amps CT for the meter applications and the system voltage is 480V . Having said that , for a Low Voltage system like this - is it required to perform saturation tests on CT or PT . Image attached for reference ? Please let me know . Thank you .

Attachments

• Saturation Test for Current Transformer.JPG
    Saturation Test for Current Transformer.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 5

xformer

Occupation
Master Electrician
I am reviewing a commissioning report from one of our sub contractors for a Solar Canopy project . There is a contract requirement to perform Saturation tests for all the Current and Voltage Transformers used. So, my question is - the design proposes usage of 1200:5 amps CT for the meter applications and the system voltage is 480V . Having said that , for a Low Voltage system like this - is it required to perform saturation tests on CT or PT . Image attached for reference ? Please let me know . Thank you .
In my humble opinion, this is not a NEC question. Rather a specification for the contract.