SDS Max Hammer Drill, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

c2500

I recently acquired an 1 7/8 Dewalt SDS Max hammer drill, and am pleased with the results. (It was remanufactured and carried the full warranty) It made very short work of drilling through brick for some HVAC disconnects. (sleeved with 3/4 pvc and male adapter on the end) The only drawback is the thing weighs alot.

This beats my SDS Bosch. I used to use this drill to make and then wallow the holes to make the male adapters fit.

I also am pleased with a Dewalt SDS 7/8 18 volt hammer drill I bought several months ago. Makes quick work of small holes. It is also alot faster than the hammer mode of the cordless drills. It also is fairly light weight

c2500

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
So are you getting paid by Dewalt with this recommendation. :grin:

I love my Bosch but I have never used the Dewalt. Good luck with it.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Actually, you got a rotary hammer, not a hammer-drill. I, too, have a Bosch, but I like my 36v DeWalt tools, too.

I make space for male adapters and connectors by drilling the first inch or so with a larger bit, then the smaller one.

c2500

Dennis Alwon said:
So are you getting paid by Dewalt with this recommendation. :grin:

I love my Bosch but I have never used the Dewalt. Good luck with it.

Actually, they have a repair store about four miles from my house. The people there are great and the litlle bit I have had to have repaired, they have taken care of me. So no, I am not getting paid. :D I have never had a problem with my Bosch tools, so I am all for them. I do have alot invested in Dewalt 18 volt stuff though.

c2500

Status
Not open for further replies.