securing floor boxes - prepping for the pour

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new project begins in 2 days. I have 9 floor boxes going in at various places throughout a 12,000 sq ft slab. My normal procedure would be to stand guard over them - the concrete guys have no mercy. I have so many locations for this project, I need to find a method to sturdy up the boxes so that they don't move on X,Y or Z axis. I intend to use rebar and bailing wire, but I feel like there must be a better solution. Does anybody have experience with this situation?

SceneryDriver

Occupation
Electrical and Automation Designer
Build support frames from Unistrut. Drive the Unistrut DEEP into the soil under the slab, or attach to the metal decking if it's not a slab-on-grade. It's expensive, but how expensive will it be if the boxes move?

Alternatively (assuming you can weld, or know someone who can), build your frames from angle iron; angle iron is much cheaper than Unistrut.

And you're right - the concrete hooligans don't care.

SceneryDriver

Buck Parrish

I've been stubbing the conduit into a 24''x24'' wooden frame filled with sand. Then I come back later and put the box in. There is usually always some concrete around that you can refill your space with. In fact this last time the concrete guys done it for us.

tkb

I have set the boxes on concrete patio blocks and dumped mortar around the box to keep it in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.