Security Alarm on the Door of House

Status
Not open for further replies.
The security alarms are really helpful, they are an important security feature, protecting our houses, offices or any apartment or room of our workplace. Thus helping us in enhancing the security of our homes and offices.

The door security features are recommended because, they make a loud noise when a thief tries to open the lock, and a bell will ring loudly allowing other to listen it. Last week in our office an incident occur in which several items were stolen from the office, there were no security arrangement other than door locks, but now we had made a more enhanced security arrangement in the form of door alarm. Now my question is what other security arrangement we can make in order to keep our work place safe and Secure??:huh:

Ragin Cajun

Combination PIR/microwave detectors. If possible, window detectors. I use both. Keep them in separate zones.

You can also get kits to brace the door jam to minimize breakthrough. I have two and they are solid! Highly recommended.

There are also glass film treatments that are effecctive that work on both doors and windows. I am seriously looking that them.

Put LOUD sirens (hard to get to) INSIDE as well as outside, they will make spending much time with the alarm activated inside very painfull.

RC

xformer

Occupation
Master Electrician
The security alarms are really helpful, they are an important security feature, protecting our houses, offices or any apartment or room of our workplace. Thus helping us in enhancing the security of our homes and offices.

The door security features are recommended because, they make a loud noise when a thief tries to open the lock, and a bell will ring loudly allowing other to listen it. Last week in our office an incident occur in which several items were stolen from the office, there were no security arrangement other than door locks, but now we had made a more enhanced security arrangement in the form of door alarm. Now my question is what other security arrangement we can make in order to keep our work place safe and Secure??:huh:

How about a few Dobermans? :)

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
There are reasonably priced camera systems available. The higher the price, the better the resolution. But any camera is a deterrent. One friend showed me the video image of his front entry area using his cell phone. Imagine putting the following sign at the door to the home or office: ?If you can read this sign, your face is already on the Internet.?

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
The intrusion alarms I use have a voice drive that gives a selectable message one is warning you have entered a restricted area....siren... message repeats
One choice is barking dogs for the message.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
From what I have read, just having a sign that says you have a security system is almost effective as actually having the system.

nhfire77

From what I have read, just having a sign that says you have a security system is almost effective as actually having the system.

keeps the non-intoxicated and literate thieves at bay. As it turns out, not much will stop the dumb ones... Well except the dobermans and supersonic lead, that is.

Physical barriers that slow entry is the greatest deterrent. Correctly installed locks the take too long to break work well. If the guy has to kick the door 10 times to get in, there is a good chance he will wear out and give up. Physical barriers include good lighting and a lack of concealed hiding spot, like your a fence or bushes. Motion lights are great and an easy upsell in suburbia and to single folks.

Who am I kidding, want a 'free' alarm system? :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.