Seek guidance / consultant to help me navigate licensing process in NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sitka

:) Hi All,

I just got into this Mike Holt Forum. Sean in the office invited me to ask my question here.

At present I work intermittently in the Solar PV field I also do maintenance electrical work and have been successful at coming behind do it your selfers and other electrical workers and solving problems that persist.

I hold a NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification (passed first time without an exam prep seminar). I also hold an NC Building Contractors License. I consider myself at the level of an Electronics Enineering Technologist with 3 to 5 years of experience in power distribution and power electronics.

Much of my prior experience has been in fields I see as highly related to electrical work. For example I taught high school industrial arts and electronics for 3 years. I also restored to service 3 DC electric cars.

I tentatively hold the view that I might not meet the NCBEEC requirements to sit the electrician's licensing test.

I seek insight into how to achieve nc licensure without working for someone else. I hope that you all will share your knowledege and experiences in this regard.

What do you think about getting licensed in a state with an NC reciprocity agreement then applying for licensure in NC through reciprocity?

Who serves a electrician licensing consultants for technical people in career transitions.

Thank you for reading.
I hope you all have a happy and productive New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.