Service Call Rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmeek

Occupation
Electrician
I was wandering if Charging say 65.00 for service call for first hour, then reducing to say 55.00 an hour after that was what others do . we are in the Houston area. Thanks for your replies. :roll:

kiss

Re: Service Call Rates

I suggest you call other contractors in your area and find the going rate. Adjust your rate accordingly, by union /non union etc..
Charge a flat rate to walk in and than additional $$ for each half hour.

jeffrose

I agree w/ Kiss, you really need to speak with other contractors in your area, perhaps at the supply house. But not knowing Houston rates it sounds extremely fair, I'd hate to tell you what rates are like in Boston. Good luck finding your info.
Regards
Jeff Rose

[ February 09, 2004, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: jeffrose ]

Have your wife or girl friend call from home, using yellow pages of those EC who advertise they provide residential and commercial service work. Have her list the prices and see where you fall into the pack. Don't price yourself out of the work if you are comparing yourself to much larger companies, but then don't price it thinking you are making money, only to find out at the end of the month that you are in the hole.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC

On the same note how much do you charge for a helper? Also, combinations of 1, two or more men, after hours and emergency service. What constitutes an emergency? These are all things you have to come up with pricing for.

Status
Not open for further replies.