Service Entrance Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

westone

Inactive, Email Never Verified
I currently have 220 vac - 2 wire Aluminum Service Entrance Cable with AL braid from the service transformer outside to a 600A disconnect inside (basement)
The AL braid is used as the neutral conductor which I understand is acceptable from the transformer to the Disconnect.

My question is .......Is it acceptable to use Aluminum Service Entrance Cable and the AL braid ...From the Disconnect to the Service Panel or should the neutral be an insulated conductor.

Service cable runs are in non-metalic conduit.

Thanks

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I am closing this thread in accordance with forum rules. This forum is intended for use by electricians and electrical contractors, inspectors, engineers, and vendors with their job-related duties. We are not allowed to provide how-to advice to persons who are not employed in this industry, or persons who do not perform electrical installation or maintenance as part of their jobs. Engineers are welcome to participate, but only if their questions do not involve attempts to perform their own electrical installation, troubleshooting, or maintenance work.

If I have misunderstood the situation, if for example this is a work-related project, then send me a Private Message to explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.