Service entrance, conductor, or feeder?

wyboy

I am working in a different jurisdiction and the utility mounts a disconnect right next to their transformer, and the customer comes from their disconnect pedestal to the building, which is 100 feet away. Generally, that would be a feeder to the building. Other people have told me, though that it is treated as service entrance conductors. Does anyone else work in a jurisdiction where the installation is similar and is it treated as a feeder or service entrance? Thanks.

Seven-Delta-FortyOne

Goin’ Down In Flames........
Occupation
EC and GC
I would say that if the pedestal has overcurrent protection, it’s a feeder. If it is a disconnect with no OCPD, it’s a Service Entrance.

Far greater electrical intellects than mine haunt these halls however, and no doubt one will be along shortly. 👍

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
the utility mounts a disconnect right next to their transformer, and the customer comes from their disconnect pedestal to the building, which is 100 feet away.
Where is the service point? If it's after the POCO disconnect then IMO these are service conductors on the load side of the POCO disconnect until they reach the service disconnect.