Service Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaradayFF

Hi,

How does one go about selecting a service meter for incoming feed? I have a distribution transformer with 104 FLA on its secondary with the meter directly downstream of it, can I use a 100Amp meter?
The next size up would be 200Amp, and I'm not sure how that would affect the accuracy of the meter..

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
EE

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Im going to assume a 25 single phase.
the class 2S 200 amp meter is generally what’s used. If you put a 320 amp base up, we are probably going to put a 200 amp meter in.
accuracy is only affected when the installation is CT metered.
in any case, for utility revenue, we decide.
For your purposes, such as an RV park, you decide.

kwired

Electron manager
Hi,

How does one go about selecting a service meter for incoming feed? I have a distribution transformer with 104 FLA on its secondary with the meter directly downstream of it, can I use a 100Amp meter?
The next size up would be 200Amp, and I'm not sure how that would affect the accuracy of the meter..

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
EE

What is your calculated load? What is ampacity and protection level of the service conductors?

I have 25 kVA transformer feeding my place, there is 200 amp meter and meter socket. Don't know what an art 220 load calculation would give but can almost tell you the load never goes above 100 amps, other than maybe very brief period of starting any motors. The fact POCO has a 25kVA transformer there kind of means it never sees more than that for any lengthy periods of time, or because I do have electric heat - POCO will be fine with a certain amount of overloading of that transformer during cooler weather, still need to size conductors and other equipment to actual load calculations as a minimum per NEC though.

Status
Not open for further replies.