service question

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wires with conduit Between the load side of the utility meter and a Disconnect before it feeds a residential load center is called ______?

It's a test that I've seen @ a community trade college that came up with these question with multiple answers: A)Feeders B)Main C)Service drop D)Branch Circuit. My answer would have been "Service Conductors" Since It's before the disconnect. But it wasn't one of the choices. So I have just posted it up to see if anyone out there agree with the same answer as me.

growler

The wires with conduit Between the load side of the utility meter and disconnect before it feeds a residential load center is called ______?

It's a test that I've seen @ a community trade college that came up with these question with multiple answers: A)Feeders B)Main C)Service drop D)Branch Circuit. My answer would have been "Service Conductors" Since It's before the disconnect. But it wasn't one of the choices. So I have just posted it up to see if anyone out there agree with the same answer as me.

I think it's just a poorly worded test question. The only way any of the answers will match the question is to assume that since they say between load side of the disconnect that it'a a meter main or that the main breaker is the disconnect and that it's then feeding a panel that could be main lug only.

If I were taking this test I would use feeder as the answer because it's easy to eliminate the other three as even being remotely posssible.

Status
Not open for further replies.