Service raceway bonding

Status
Not open for further replies.

rojay

Apologies if this question has been covered before. I have a CT cabinet with RMC nipples & bonding locknuts installed between the cabinet and my service disconnect switch outside. The neutral in the CT cabinet is isolated from the enclosure. Does the code mandate that I add a neutral to case bond in the CT, or drag supply side bonding jumpers through my RMC nipples from the service disconnect back to the CT enclosure OR are the properly bonded service raceways adequate by themselves?

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
In the ct services I have done, the neutral is bonded to the ct can. Our poco has very specific requirements for the cash register/ ct service. Have you checked your pocos customer service handbook

Apologies if this question has been covered before. I have a CT cabinet with RMC nipples & bonding locknuts installed between the cabinet and my service disconnect switch outside. The neutral in the CT cabinet is isolated from the enclosure. Does the code mandate that I add a neutral to case bond in the CT, or drag supply side bonding jumpers through my RMC nipples from the service disconnect back to the CT enclosure OR are the properly bonded service raceways adequate by themselves?
IMO if you have bonding locknuts on both ends of the nipples, than no further bonding is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.