Shower in Sauna with heater

Status
Not open for further replies.

e2me2

I installed a 220v sauna heater in a sauna room at A RESIDENCE the inspector told me no gfi protection was needed. He came inspected installation passed it and my job is done. However the homeowner had me over today to hook up 2 lights previously wired into room (Yes they are fully enclosed vapor tight) when I got there I now see the owner has installed a shower head in the sauna. I have obvious concerns as to me this is now a shower and there is a 220 line voltage not gfi protected just a few feet away. The heater is not by any means water tight and although the heater is designed to have water poured over the rocks in the unit I still find it hard to fathom how you can not get electrocuted .Now with the shower in there my concern is if your showering and touch the heater zap or if water on floor and water splash unit touch zap. I suggested to the homeowner at the very least
He should put a gfi breaker on the unit but I?m not sure that is even the right answer. Any comments greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.