Siemans /ITE E4242MB1300 Series A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Fos

Looking to replace interior of this panel, have not been able to find the stabs that connect from the breakers to the main breaker. I call them stabs yet others just consider it interior. I have a customer that has a panel box that would rather repair this box than remove and install new because of the time it would take to do a complete panel .Any help would be appreciated in finding replacement bars,panel manufactured 1995,thanks.

document

DrSparks

The Everlasting Know-it-all!
Occupation
Master Electrician and General Contractor
Looking to replace interior of this panel, have not been able to find the stabs that connect from the breakers to the main breaker. I call them stabs yet others just consider it interior. I have a customer that has a panel box that would rather repair this box than remove and install new because of the time it would take to do a complete panel .Any help would be appreciated in finding replacement bars,panel manufactured 1995,thanks.

document
I highly doubt you would be able to find replacement bus bars for a load Center that old. Also residential load centers we're not designed to have replaceable busbars. I would strongly recommend replacing the panel

Sent from my A574BL using Tapatalk

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Just buy a new Siemens E4242MB1300FCU (or SCU) and toss the can and trim. It's still a good part number, it hasn't changed in decades, they just dropped thr "ITE" from the name a few years ago.

Larry Fos

Siemans / ITE

Siemans / ITE

Thanks, so are you sure that it is a one for one swap out, this is for a business and I can only have it for a few hours on a Sunday, would hate to rip it apart to find it will not bolt up and line up properly.I have done that in the past with a Cutler hammer box and it took quite a bit of modifications ,would have been better off in the long run replacing the entire panel.Thanks for your help,I will look into it.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Thanks, so are you sure that it is a one for one swap out, this is for a business and I can only have it for a few hours on a Sunday, would hate to rip it apart to find it will not bolt up and line up properly.I have done that in the past with a Cutler hammer box and it took quite a bit of modifications ,would have been better off in the long run replacing the entire panel.Thanks for your help,I will look into it.

You may have to drill new holes in the cabinet for the cover if you use the new cover. Sometimes you have no choice. But it's not that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.