Siemens Series Rating with Class T Fuses

Tainted

Occupation
Engineer (PE)
Siemens series rating chart says that the HQP breaker is series rated with class T (300V) as shown below.

I am wondering if this is saying I must strictly use a 300V class T fuse. What if I use a 600V class T fuse but my applied voltage is 208V? 208V is less than 300V. Would I still be able to achieve the series rating?

1727547854870.png

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
Siemens series rating chart says that the HQP breaker is series rated with class T (300V) as shown below.

I am wondering if this is saying I must strictly use a 300V class T fuse. What if I use a 600V class T fuse but my applied voltage is 208V? 208V is less than 300V. Would I still be able to achieve the series rating?
If the chart shows a 300V fuse, that is likely the one it was tested with.
The 600V fuse must have a slightly different performance and therefore is not interchangeable, which is why there are two different sections in the chart.

Tainted

Occupation
Engineer (PE)
If the chart shows a 300V fuse, that is likely the one it was tested with.
The 600V fuse must have a slightly different performance and therefore is not interchangeable, which is why there are two different sections in the chart.
Got it.

What I am also wondering is why they didn't call out the bottom class T section as "(600V)"

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
Got it.

What I am also wondering is why they didn't call out the bottom class T section as "(600V)"
The bottom sections values probably apply to both 300V and 600V fuses.
Look at a QAF2, it can be series rated with a 1200A 600V or a 1600A 300V.

Tainted

Occupation
Engineer (PE)
The bottom sections values probably apply to both 300V and 600V fuses.
Look at a QAF2, it can be series rated with a 1200A 600V or a 1600A 300V.
Weird though, if that was true then the HQS breaker would be on both top and bottom sections. How come HQS is only on the bottom section?