Siemens Series Ratings 3VA52 or 53 feeding a BL

W6SJK

Brand new installation. Trying to find series ratings for Siemens:
225A 3VA52-MFAS feeding a 20A BL
400A 3VA53-MJAS feeding a 20A BL

but they are not listed in the Series Rating combination guides that I can find online. Surely these "current" products have been tested! Any suggestiosn other than contact the distributor / vendor during the week? TIA

Brand new installation. Trying to find series ratings for Siemens:
225A 3VA52-MFAS feeding a 20A BL
400A 3VA53-MJAS feeding a 20A BL

but they are not listed in the Series Rating combination guides that I can find online. Surely these "current" products have been tested! Any suggestiosn other than contact the distributor / vendor during the week? TIA

Yeah most of the series rating charts don't have the newer 3V breakers.....generally, you can only go up to a 225/250 A frame to rate with a standard 10k breaker. Above that, you will probably need to go with a 22k BLH branch.

Try this, go to the literature tab:

Last edited:

W6SJK

Yeah most of the series rating charts don't have the newer 3V breakers.....generally, you can only go up to a 225/250 A frame to rate with a standard 10k breaker. Above that, you will probably need to go with a 22k BLH branch.

Try this, go to the literature tab:

Many thanks! Yes the 208V BL's were limited to a 250A feeder. The 480V panels had ratings for 225A feeders but the 400A feeders had limitations of 30A for the branch CBs.

Many thanks! Yes the 208V BL's were limited to a 250A feeder. The 480V panels had ratings for 225A feeders but the 400A feeders had limitations of 30A for the branch CBs.
I know it's nice to stick with 10k branches for convenience down the road adding or changing things, but with a factory PB order, IIRC it was only about $3 more per pole to get 22k branches over 10's. 22's series rate up to like a 1200 device at 100k!