Simpsom VM-260 Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dereckbc

Staff member
Blew my 30 year old meter up and want to replace it. Know where I can get one cheap? Pm me with any personal info. Otherwise a link I think will fly as long as you do not make any money off the deal.

dereckbc

Staff member
for safety reasons, are those acceptable for use? The leads are not shielded at the meter side. They would not be used here for that reason.
That is not much of an issue for my purpose. It will be used to tune microwave radio. Basically a grid dip meter working 0 to 6 volts DC. Nothing beats the meter movement.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
Not vacuum tube, all solid state digital microwave radio. But they still use Automatic Gain Control (AGC) to adjust the receiver gain level.

How does a "grid dip meter" fit into a solid state radio?

Did they just keep the phrase "grid dip" as a general term for a tuning meter, even though you aren't actually measuring any dip in the grid current??

Steve

dereckbc

Staff member
Did they just keep the phrase "grid dip" as a general term for a tuning meter, even though you aren't actually measuring any dip in the grid current??

Steve
Correct, there is just a test point for the AGC on the front of the RX that is used to measure signal level and aligning the dishes on the tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.