Site Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

eds

I know I must have overlooked this in the NEC, but what size does the site map need to be? The one required at the main service panel, and and main service disconnect

Attachments

• Site map.jpg
    Site map.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 20

eds

I need to put this site map at the service panel and utility meter. It show placement of ground array and ac disco from inverter

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
There is no size requirement in the NEC and in fact there's no map requirement. The code simply calls for a 'plaque or directory' (705.10). Many inspectors just believe that means a map.

Industry standard for residential would be 6"x6" in my experience.

The sign must comply wih 110.21(B), whose requirements are vague and general but there's an informational note that suggests following ANSI Z535.4-2011. I've never looked into that.

PWDickerson

Occupation
Solar Contractor
We typically install a 5x6 placard at the service equipment that describes the locations of the disconnects and RS switch. No maps. Of course you have to have all the other required labeling in place as well.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
We typically install a 5x6 placard at the service equipment that describes the locations of the disconnects and RS switch. No maps. Of course you have to have all the other required labeling in place as well.
Ours are 8-1/2 X 11 red plastic etched to white image and text

Status
Not open for further replies.