Sizing heaters from HP and voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbwhite

I have a project with ten motors. Due to lead time I want to order the starters now, but the motors are not yet on site. Some of the motors are single speed some are two speed. Some of the two speed motors are single winding some are two winding.

Is there a way that I can size the overloads knowing only the HP and voltage of the motors?

Also one of the motors is two speed single winding 120 volt. Does anyone have a link to a wiring diagram for this motor?

I have tried but the distributor has not gotten back to me with this information.

iwire

Staff member
Not accurately.

I will generally order the starters without the heaters.

Once the motors are in place I order the correct overloads, there is usually little lead time on the overloads.

jbwhite

iwire said:
Not accurately.

I will generally order the starters without the heaters.

Once the motors are in place I order the correct overloads, there is usually little lead time on the overloads.

I will probably do that with some of the starters. For some, we will be using electronic overloads. These are adjustable within a range. These are for the two speed starters. If I do not order the overloads at the same time, I will be forced to field wire the starters instead of having all the wiring done at the factory. In addition, if I know the exact FLA, the factory will adjust the overloads for me, so I will not need to field adjust the FLA.

Status
Not open for further replies.